About the Position: The is a permanent position located at the Humphrey's Engineer Center Support Activity, Resource Management Office, Finance and Accounting Branch at 7701 Telegraph Road located in Alexandria, Virginia.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Staff Accountant responsible for interpreting various Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Army (DA), and United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) regulations and policies.
- Monitors financial accounting databases for compliance to published guidance and assists with implementation of new guidance based on professional knowledge of accounting practices.
- Coordinates guidance and process changes with other Resource Management Personnel, supported customer action officers, program analysts, and funding managers in transition to new procedures and/or advises customers of accounting changes.
- Analyzes accounting data for internal control variances and recommends process enhancements to include changes of policy and/or procedures relative to the accounting program.
- Responds to inquiries from USACE headquarters, the district, the division, and supported activity offices on matters relating to financing, cost accounts, reports, funds availability.
- Generates, reviews, and analyze reports to ensure they contain timely, accurate, and essential financial information for managers and higher authorities.
- Utilizes USACE financial accounting systems and Corps of Engineers Financial Management System (CEFMS) or similar accounting systems.
- Reconciles cost data to other related segments of CEFMS such as the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and manual and automated reports.
- Researches and resolves complex technical accounting problems that requires coordination between segments within finance and accounting and other district offices, work centers, Headquarters staff, USACE Finance Center (UFC), and DFAS.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531023700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.