This position is part of the MILITARY REFERENCE CORES, National Archives and Records Administration . As an Archives Technician, you will be performing numerous activities involved in the processing of file level reference requests of military personnel records from a variety of customers.Learn more about this agency
As an Archives Technician, GS-1421-04, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Review incoming reference requests in a variety of formats and inputs data using an automated customer relations management software tool. Apply understanding of service branches and unique identifiers to populate data with a high degree of accuracy.
- Using automated production systems, input data and prepares system queries of various types of pending search requests to create logical batches of search requests, taking into consideration the complexity of the requests, the priority of the requests, the Center's queue discipline, and the location of the responsive records.
- Process basic requests for information from veterans and/or veteran's families, government and private researchers. Analyze requests for information to identify the scope of the inquiry. Determine if the request can be acted on by applying knowledge of laws, regulations and policies and procedures regarding disclosure of personally identifiable information or must be referred to a supervisor.
- Prepare basic responses to customers in a prescribed format using an interface from a customer relations management software tool and word processing. May be required to complete a basic form documenting a veteran's service.
- Examine record contents to determine the veteran's date of release from service obligation, and determines legal custodian of record (archival or not) based on this examination. Apply different release guidelines when completing request.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530993000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.