The Office of Inspector General (OIG) provides independent oversight and promotes excellence, integrity, and accountability within the programs, operations, and management of the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI), whose mission concerns the natural resources, environment, wildlife, energy policy, scientific research, American Indian and Alaska Native trust responsibilities, and cultural and historical heritage of our nation.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations (AIE), Financial and Contract Audits (FCA) Unit. The AIE manages, supervises, coordinates, and conducts audits, inspections and evaluations relating to DOI programs and operations, including, but not limited to, waste, abuse and mismanagement in such programs and operations of the DOI employees, contractors, grantees, lessees, or any other persons or entities doing business with the DOI.
As an Auditor in this unit, you will perform audit assignments on a wide variety of financial agreements in DOI bureaus:
- Develops or assists in the development of audit and evaluation plans related to contract, grant, and financial assistance projects. Adapts the audit/evaluation plan to fit special circumstances encountered in an assigned audit or evaluation.
- Plans and performs or leads complex projects which include reviewing and auditing procedures, systems, or programs for economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; and determining the extent of compliance with laws and regulations. Identifies, analyzes and researches accounting and auditing issues/problems.
- Determines the relative significance of findings developed, assures that work performed adequately supports the conclusions reached on the basis of best practices or other rationales that contribute to positive program results and develops practical recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepares audit/evaluation work papers, interview summaries, and briefing materials covering review findings, and tracks and maintains multiple documents essential to the audit/evaluation.
- Meets with appropriate internal management officials to brief on findings and explain the significance of conclusions and justify recommendations.
- Attends and participates in meetings with client/management officials.
The duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval
25% or less - Significant travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530774800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.