You will serve as a ELECTRONIC INTEGRATED SYSTEMS MECHANIC SUPERVISOR I in the DEPARTMENT OF NAVY to include work sites of Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Trident Refit Facility and Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility.Learn more about this agency
Announcement covers both Temporary Not To Exceed One Year and Permanent appointments that will be determined with each request.
- You will be observing safety and good housekeeping practices, maintaining production reports and records.
- You will be setting performance standard, making formal appraisals of subordinate work performance, recommending performance awards, counseling subordinates on improvement of work performance, determining training needs
- You will be promoting and explaining to subordinates the full range of management programs including but not limited to safety, cost reduction, incentive awards, labor management relations, performance evaluation, staffing and training.
- You will be investigating and determining the cause of production problems and taking necessary steps to resolve or recommend corrective action to higher level supervisors if beyond span of control.
- You will be tracking and observing work in progress to avoid or anticipate problems, reassigning personnel within work group and coordinating with other supervisors to ensure work progress meets schedules.
- You will be redirecting workers and resources to accomplish unanticipated work (QA rework, failures during testing or patrols) within or outside of the established refit cycle, during regular established work schedules or overtime work.
- You will be setting deadlines, priorities, work sequences, and work assignments for timely accomplishment based on pre-established refit schedules or as set by higher level supervisors or management
- You will be planning the use of equipment, facilities and materials to accomplish a variety of work within established refit cycles.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530707900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.