This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Information Technology (OIT), Headquarters duty location in Arlington, VA, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Provides a wide range of information technology (IT) services, data base management, system development, project management, and expert technical assistance to OIG personnel.Learn more about this agency
- Identifies customer requirements by collaborating with other FDIC staff knowledgeable in IT service requirements. Collects data by identifying information sources, survey methodology and collection methods. Provides input and provides recommendations regarding new or developing hardware, software and firmware technologies and their effectiveness as applied to OIG processes and programs.
- Analyzes, defines and organizes information by studying, analyzing, interpreting and classifying data, data requirements and specifications. Plans for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements based on changes in law, technology, programs and processes. Develops and monitors performance levels of software and hardware and evaluates, recommends and proposes alternative methods of information processing. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
- Maintains databases, systems, programs, and project management.
- Maintains databases by entering data, monitoring performance tuning, backup and recovery of data and maintaining data base management system software. Serves as a system administrator for all OIG applications including the OIG SharePoint Web technologies and web tools. Plays a major role in the OIG’s transition to Cloud computing.
- Resolves data retrieval issues and documents system changes and revisions. Assists in introducing processes to maintain a stable network environment. Develops and monitors performance levels of software and hardware and evaluates, recommends and proposes alternative methods of information processing. Assist with trouble shooting, installing, testing and implementing new systems and IT products.
- Supports and interacts with operating customer’s data bases, systems and programs.
- Serves as a liaison between OIG and the FDIC’s Division of Information Technology. Serves as a member of FDIC wide IT teams and committees.
- Prepares reference materials for users on new systems and IT products by writing operating instructions. Assists with the training of staff on IT-related equipment. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Assists in the setup, management and maintenance of all IT-related equipment (IPhones, laptops, desktops, etc.). Maintains hardware and software maintenance agreements to ensure integrity of operations processes. Supports end users with IT related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530004100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.