About the Position: Serves as the Chief, Systems Librarian in the Combined Arms Center Library (CARL), a world class research facility for the study of military art and science, coordinating all computer networking and electronic resource related functions of the library and first line supervisory duties.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: You MUST submit copies of ALL official transcripts.
This position will be filled at either the GS-11 or GS-12 grade levels.
- You are the library automation, information systems and networking specialist for the Combined Arms Research Library (CARL) and leads the technology team, designing and conducting analytical studies of library automation needs.
- Develops, coordinates and monitors the ongoing evolution of the Library's integrated library system, wireless network, and other automation projects with system designers, analysts, programmers and library automation specialist.
- Serves as a technical expert in defining functional specifications for and providing technical advice in the analysis of projects and activities among cooperating libraries and groups.
- Reviews and evaluates both on-going and proposed systems to maintain state-of-the-art capabilities, to assure compatibility with and adherence to national library and DOD automation standards.
- Provides substantive advice on long-range planning and determines budgeting requirements for automated systems, equipment and services. Prepares appropriate documentation to support funding for automated systems and services.
- Evaluates vendor proposals, advising Contracting Officers as to their viability, cost-effectiveness, and acceptability. Reviews and evaluates vendor performance to ensure effective, efficient, and reliable software and optimum equipment performance.
- NOTE: The duties listed above is not an all-inclusive list.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529956200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.