This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T),Information and Technology Operations and Services (ITOPS),Infrastructure Operations, (IO), Health Benefits Memorial and Cooperate (HBMC), Business Critical Systems Service Line Division. You will serve as an Information Technology (IT) Analyst with duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas in support of the Division.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position
Hiring for the following locations:
Alexandria, LA, Denver, CO, Madison, WI, Iron Mountain, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Las Vegas, NV, Jackson, MS, St. Louis, MO and Los Angeles, CA
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a Virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ 10073A/10074A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. This division provides 24/7 coverage throughout the calendar year. may be subject to shift work, rotating shifts and shifts covering weekends and/or holidays. Subject
to call back outside tour of duty.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-11 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Creates and maintains documentation on business systems technology to include configuration standards, as- built diagrams and historical and trending information. Provides customer service support to stakeholders on an as needed basis relevant to business systems activities and related technologies.
- Supports, implements, and recommends improvement to technical policies and procedures to management. Under direction from the Division Chief and other management staff implements new technologies to enhance VistA Imaging systems operations in support of critical applications and business processes.
- Responds to after-hours pages, alerts and phone calls indicating system performance outside established thresholds, and works to rectify the situation until complete or positive handoff has occurred with other technicians as appropriate.
- Conducts routine assessments utilizing various reporting applications and software to ensure proper systems operation, availability and security.
- Provides daily system support, management, and optimization of server hardware and operating systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529820600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.