This position is part of the Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary, Interior Business Center, Human Resources Management Directorate, HR Management Systems Division (HRMSD), Systems Engineering Branch. The Branch provides design, development, and operational support for multiple systems.Learn more about this agency
- Performs database administration, system development, functional analysis, and backup duties;
- Serves as the database administrator for advanced business application system research and life cycle development;
- Assists with initial development and implementation of IBC approved initiatives;
- Supports ongoing operations, delivers new clients' reports, and maintains and optimizes services to clients;
- Researches and evaluates potential functional solutions to meet client automated system requirements, particularly in the areas of data warehousing, and other information technology and software application initiatives;
- Serves as an analyst for the design, development, testing, and implementation of new environments;
- Plans, designs, implements, and maintains AMTSB Auxiliary Systems products and projects, keeping abreast of progress of assignments/projects, and suggesting adjustments in team/project assignments in accordance with changing priorities and deadlines;
- Presents plans and recommendations for concurrence and approval to IBC clients, project management, DOI representatives, and user advisory groups;
- Provides configuration management support assigned systems to include major elements of this discipline as they relate to system documentation and system components;
- Creates business solutions to unique client requirements through novel approaches to system design or system modifications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529818000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.