The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is a position in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Enterprise Security Operations (ESO). In this position, you will support either a VA facility or specified program area of responsibility and reports to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) .Learn more about this agency
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application. The opening period has been extended to December 31st, 2019
You are applying to a public notice that will be used to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
We will not review your resume for qualifications until we receive a request to fill a vacancy using this public notice at which time you will be notified about the status of your application. You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position using this public notice.
- Actively participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of viable systems security policies and procedures.
- Conduct systems security evaluations, audits and reviews; and develop Automated Information Systems (AIS) security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures, as part of the local business continuity team.
- Monitor and track controlled access programs to ensure implementation and viability of appropriate systems security policies, as well as the acquisition of IT security tools.
- Conduct vulnerability analysis and risk assessment studies of planned and installed information systems to assure that local AIS security plans and policies established are adequate for protection needs and comply as required by statute.
- Facilitate and coordinate the gathering, analysis and preservation of evidence used in addressing security violations.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. Compressed/Flexible Schedule available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Telework: Available upon supervisory approval
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (INFOSEC), PD# 06047A/06024A
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary in nature. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529705500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.