The PACT CPS will be consulted by their team(s) for comprehensive medication management of complex patients with chronic diseases including, but not limited to, diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, smoking cessation, pain management, hepatitis C, and osteoporosis; Urgent or same day face-to-face patient visits including but not limited to patient medication review for poly-pharmacy, recent hospital discharges, and co-managed care patients.Learn more about this agency
A. Customer Service
1) Treats patient, team members, other facility employees and visitors with respect. Responds to the needs of the service in a courteous and timely manner.
2) Demonstrates appropriate and proactive interpersonal skills to achieve the goals of the service. Acts as a team member and is supportive of the group's efforts at all times.
3) Demonstrates an ability to work under a variety of circumstances to maximize group productivity and quality.
B. Clinical - Direct Patient Care Activities
1) Core functions include face-to-face and telephone encounters with referred patients, for comprehensive medication management.
2) Functions as a mid-level provider to design, implement, and monitor therapeutic drug plans to achieve definite outcomes through direct interactions with patients and providers in assigned areas.
3) Orders, performs, reviews, and analyzes appropriate laboratory tests and other diagnostic studies necessary to monitor and support the patient's drug therapy.
C. Clinical - Indirect Patient Care Activities
1) Review patient medication regimens for clinical effectiveness, drug selection, dosing, contraindications, side effects, potential drug interactions, and therapeutic outcomes as required. Communicates findings with prescribers and provides appropriate alternatives to current treatment plans as needed.
2) Obtains medication histories from patients and summarizes significant findings in the medical record and/or to the provider as appropriate.
3) Monitor and report drug errors, adverse drug reactions, allergies, and patient compliance issues. Documents findings per facility procedures.
1) Serves as an authority on drug usage, interactions, over-dosages, and compliance, to medical staff, nursing staff, technicians and students. Uses appropriate references to research drug information.
2) Has a good working knowledge of information resources, both written and electronic.
3) Maintains a current knowledge of therapeutics and disease management.
E. Program Management
1) Serve on medical center and/or VISN committees as requested.
2) Adhere to all medical center and department policies and regulations.
3) Manage information security within areas of responsibility to assure that computer system security and confidentiality of sensitive information.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529487600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.