As a Mathematical Statistician you will serve as the statistical expert for the Monitoring Unit, Centers for Epidemiology and Animal Health (CEAH). The Monitoring Unit has responsibility for the design, implementation, and analysis of the National Animal Health Monitoring System (NAHMS), and for designing studies to address the needs of emerging or emergency disease outbreaks.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides statistical expertise to personnel used for investigations, plans, survey designs, sampling procedures, collecting, and analyzing food animal disease statistical data
- Oversees statistical activities of junior statisticians and epidemiologists
- Responsible for statistical theoretical soundness, validity of results, interpretations, and efficiency
- Develops modifications and/or adoption of different plans or procedures, as may be required
- Serves as an expert consultant on statistical problems ? providing recommendations for the development and refinement general procedures developed for the statistical analysis of experimental data
- Responsible for planning, initiating, directing, coordinating, and controlling statistical analysis and interpretation of NAHMS data and other epidemiologic studies
- Reviews statistical phases of reports, publications, or other manuscripts for validity and technical correctness
- Responsible for liaison activities with the National Agricultural Statistical Services as they relate to collaborative activities for NAHMS and other studies
- Advises on the statistical and epidemiological validity of animal disease data and assumptions used in these analyses
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529479100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.