About the Position: This position will serve as a Supervisory Civil Engineer in the Civil Design Section of the Engineering and Construction Division of the Pittsburgh District Corp of Engineers in Pittsburgh, PA.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, coordinates, assigns, directs, and reviews the work of employees engaged in civil site/design and preparation of contract plans and specifications, layouts, technical reports, feasibility reports, studies, and other engineering documents.
- Responsible for A-E Task Order Management for Engineering and Value Engineering oversight for the District.
- Manages and conducts QA/QC reviews of staff regarding A-E contracts.
- Direct and oversee technical work and activities of the Section.
- Establish priorities and prepare schedules and budgets for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on work priorities, selective considerations of the difficulty and requirements of the assignments, and the capability of employees.
- Perform a full range of supervisory activities including evaluating performance, hiring actions, recruitment, recruitment outreach, personnel actions, mentoring, and training.
- Provides guidance and technical support in a variety of civil engineering areas such as:
- - grading and earthwork design; roadways, paving, intersection, parking, and boat ramp design; site development, drainage, grading and earthwork design;
- - general geotechnical and hydraulic engineering design; stormwater management; permitting and erosion and sedimentation control;
- - general concrete and steel design; utility layout and relocations; channel and stream restoration; topographic mapping and survey data;
- - alignment and profiles of locks and dams; slope stabilization and protection; retaining and floodwalls; levees and channels.
Occasional travel - 10% or less business travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529216700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.