The Crypto Specialist provides expertise and coordinates the Division of Trading and Market's activities regarding crypto and digital asset securities.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinating with TM staff to establish a comprehensive plan to address crypto and digital asset securities and engaging with other Divisions and Offices on such matters
- Serving as the TM's point of contact for domestic and international regulators, market participants, and the public.
- Providing expert level comment on policy and workstreams.
- Developing and maintaining expert-level industry knowledge of crypto and digital asset securities and products, as well as legal and policy developments occurring in domestic and foreign jurisdictions;
- Applying knowledge of federal securities laws to digital asset securities and crypto matters, i.e., broker-dealer, exchange, clearing agency and transfer registrations, exchange product applications, sales and trading practices, etc.
- Conducting periodic meetings with Division and agency staff to foster collaboration, open communications and a common understanding of key issues, and relevant industry, legal and policy developments;
- Serving as the Division's lead representative in the SEC's FinTech Working Group and as liaison with the FSOC's Digital Assets Working Group;
- Interacting with relevant Division staff, brief Chairman's Office and Commissioner offices about salient developments, and represent the Division and agency at conferences and meetings with industry and public stakeholders.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529012500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.