This position is located in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Office of Investigations (OI), Atlanta Field Office. YOU MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATION: Durham, NC (Research Triangle Park).
The salary will be commensurate with the duty location. One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy.
**This position is being re-advertised for EPA-OIG-MP-2019-0012. Please resubmit your application to be considered.**Learn more about this agency
This position is designated as a “Primary Position” pursuant to 5 CFR 842.802. Primary duties mean those duties of a position that: (a) Are paramount in influence or weight; that is, constitute the basic reasons for the existence of the position; (b) Occupy a substantial portion of the individual's working time over a typical work cycle; and (c) Are assigned on a regular and recurring basis.
Persons serving in this position are covered for purposes of law enforcement retirement by 5 USC 8336 (c).
As the Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) for the Atlanta Field Office, you will:
- Plan, conduct and manage criminal, civil, administrative, and other types of investigations.
- Assist the SAC in providing quality control assurance that work products meet professional and policy standards. Analyze case file documentation to ensure completeness and adherence to OI guidelines.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance and recommendations to other subordinate agents during the investigation and subsequent prosecution of investigations, or concerning assigned programs or projects.
- Conduct specialized investigations of high complexity, responsibility and sensitivity, requiring tact, extensive experience, and leadership. These investigations may extend over protracted periods of time and may be highly controversial, unconventional, and may involve complex schemes to defraud the government.
- Ensure that the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team’s strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
25% or less - 3 or more nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528869700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.