You will serve as a Program Analyst within the Surface Training Systems Program Office (PMS339) of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT.Learn more about this agency
PMS339 provides a unified focus for all aspects of operational and maintenance training within the Surface Warfare Enterprise to address surface Navy training issues and strategies.
- You will oversee, manage and analyze Surface Warfare Officers School (SWOS) operator and maintenance training requirements.
- You will liaise between SWOS and PMS 339 providing pertinent information that impacts cost, schedule, technical capability, and manpower, personnel and training.
- You will serve as the Technical Point of Contact for the PMS339 SWOS related training requirements, including Minor Mods, Training Devices, and Technical Training Equipment sustainment.
- You will review all applicable Class Navy Training System Plans and System Level Navy Training System Plans ensuring documents are accurate for Surface Warfare Officer manpower, personnel and training requirements.
- You will review Navy Training System Plans to ensure Directorate resource requirements are properly documented to include manpower, curriculum, and trainers/labs. You will identify changes needed in curriculum as a result of system changes/upgrades.
- You will provide support to the Training System Installation Plans process as required. You will provide support for the Training Devices requirements.
- You will support Training Planning Process Methodology Board meetings, program reviews, quarterly reviews, ship class business meetings, data calls, and training working group participation.
- You will develop out year strategic planning for Technical Training Equipment that includes the requirement, curriculum development, delivery to the schoolhouse, and end of service life required by DOD and OPNAV instructions.
- You will determine impacts of training requirements not fully funded. You will communicate training requirements and impacts in a timely manner to allow for adjustments prior to the impact of unfunded requirements and recommend solutions.
- You will make recommendations for priority and defend the requirements to the Surface Warfare Training Committee Mission Area Chairs and resource sponsor.
- You will make adjustments to out year strategic planning based on new construction and modernization fielding profile changes.
- You will provide support for the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution Process including the development of Budget submissions, Issue Papers, and Program Objective Memorandum's.
- You will collaborate with OPNAV on budget issues to ensure the resource sponsors requirements are properly executed.
- You will validate Technical Training Equipment function in accordance with the system requirements, training curriculum is adequate and Ready for Training is in accordance with the Technical Training Equipment Program Planning schedule.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528766800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.