This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Southeast Regional Office (SERO) with one vacancy in St. Petersburg, FL.Learn more about this agency
As a Natural Resource Management Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Analyze and interpret Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other agency mandates, policies and guidance and anticipate future trends to formulate strategies and policy guidance.
- Make recommendations to resolve a variety of complex problems and issues related to the conservation and management of fisheries, protected resources, habitat conservation, and aquaculture in the South Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, and U.S. Caribbean.
- Coordinate development of, draft, and review background materials and other informational documents to support briefings and respond to other inquiries from senior officials and Congress.
- Serve as SERO’s Disaster Response Coordinator, supporting cross-divisional communication and engagement in disaster planning and response activities, preparedness drills, and training.
- Oversee and manage implementation and tracking of SERO-wide strategic planning activities, including advising and assisting with developing organizational and science priorities.
- Manage assigned projects using planning techniques, effective communication, information management, computer tools, and other methods to produce quality products within assigned time frames.
- Represent SERO on complex and controversial policy issues at a variety of public forums, including meetings, workshops, and conferences, and present complex technical and procedural information in written and oral format to a wide range of audiences.
These duties are described at the full performance level of the GS-12; the GS-11 is developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of domestic travel may be required.
12 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528669400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.