*** Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information. ***
This position will be needed for the summer season and active employment will begin Memorial day weekend. Selected and cleared candidates may be brought on-board as an active employee as soon as cleared for employment with the ability to assist in miscellaneous pool preparation tasks - as needed by management - for the summer.
- Refer to the Additional Information section for info on classes offered.
- Serves as lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools (may include water parks and/or beach fronts) and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager or pool supervisor.
- Performs life guarding duties and employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for life guarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility.
- Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21.
- Attends aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Keeps accurate records and adequate supplies.
- Assists with scheduling of staff and programs, tracking inventory and ordering supplies. Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from any hazards.
- Provides information to swimmers regarding safety rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions.
- Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as required. Maintains daily logs and records as required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528633800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.