Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.Learn more about this agency
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks (VHSO) in Fayetteville, Arkansas seeks a board certified staff pathologist in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology who has the skills necessary to act as a consultant to clinicians, other VA hospitals, and to community or affiliate organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist:
1. The AP/CP pathologist is ultimately responsible for diagnostic interpretation of specimens processed within the laboratory.
2. Processing of gross specimens.
3. Processing and interpretation of intraoperative frozen sections.
4. Provide intraoperative and intra-procedural consultation as requested.
5. Interpretation/sign-out of surgical pathology specimens within CAP guidelines for turnaround time and synoptic cancer reporting.
6. Interpretation/sign-out of gynecological and non-gynecological cytology specimens.
7. Providing immediate adequacy interpretation for CT guided biopsies.
8. Ordering and interpretation of appropriate immunohistochemical stains and special stains.
9. Interpretation and sign-out of peripheral smears submitted for pathologist review.
10. Participation in multi-disciplinary conferences such as Cancer Conference, Tumor Board, Infection Control, Laboratory Utilization Committee, and Tissue/Transfusion Committee.
11. Participate in Quality Assurance measures including 10% retrospective review of all anatomic pathology cases, VHA mandated surgical pathology review guidelines, and inter-laboratory comparison programs as designated by Chief, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
12. Participate in a 24 hour on-call rotation service.
13. Review hematology fluids and issue diagnostic interpretation.
14. Participate in minimum required continuing medical education (CME) in order to maintain licensure/privileges.
15. Responsible for timely completion of VA assigned TMS educational modules.
16. Responsible for diagnostic expertise and sign-out in any area for which sub-specialty fellowship training has been completed.
17. Responsible for technical director over satellite clinical laboratory departments as designated by Chief, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528370900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.