The position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and administration of the timber management program.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at Forest Service website.
- Responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Develop timber plans that protect soil water retention and reestablishment of the forest growth for a timber management program.
- Adjust cutting plans for a timber sale program to prevent the spread of insects or disease and to salvage infested or infected timber.
- Review and appraise timber resources to meet demand and future needs.
- Develop the annual program of work and project work plans for a timber management program.
- Develop long and short-term budget needs for a timber management program.
- Establish production goals, priorities, and work schedules for a timber sale program.
- Prepare and assemble the appraisal packet and ensure accuracy of the final appraisal packet for a timber management program.
- Ensure requirements identified in the environmental assessment reports are included in timber sale contracts.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for unit?s work.
- Perform administrative and human resources management functions for the unit such as providing advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for field work, site visits, trainings and/or meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528222300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.