This position is located in The Business Management Division within The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
The (OCIO) Business Management Division seeks a highly skilled individual to serve as a Business Management Specialist to administer the Agency's $2 billion+ IT Portfolio. This includes the management and operations of the Capital Planning & Investment Control (CPIC) process as well as making improvements and providing Agency wide communications to stakeholders.
- Serves as a technical lead for the Agency CIO Officer in the Agency's IT Portfolio, managing the Agency's CPIC process and providing <br>oversight for various financial activities to the CIO.
- Serves as the expert on budget execution matters related to the assigned budget accounts/programs, implements execution for multi-year substantive programs, operating budget, and establishment of necessary Agency IT controls.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of agency-wide policies, procedures, processes and methods.
- Serves as the business interface between the Office of the CIO and the Mission Directorate resources management officers, the Agency's CFO, HQ Budget Management, System Support Offices, center CIOs and CFOs and other senior management officials.
- Responsible for oversight for the review and analysis of the financial activities within the organization, and recommends adjustments in staffing necessary to accomplish the organization's mission.
- Manages the responses to audit and other inquiries by various activities such as NASA audit, GAO, Center management, and NASA Headquarters senior management.
- Applies innovative, creative, and/or more effective methods to organize and analyze historical data, develop interpretations, project risks and needs.
- Provides authoritative business management advice to the OCIO leadership and is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, staffing, and leading the business, administrative and management control operations for CIO projects.
- Ensures financial Agency fiduciary activities are in compliance with applicable legislation, regulations, and policy. (Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act, Federal Information Security Modernization Act, etc.)
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527957700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.