This job opportunity is for a Painting Worker position, position description D1217000, within the CSMS 1 of the New Jersey Army National Guard. This vacancy announcement is a Title 32, Excepted Service position.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare and apply coating materials such as paints, varnishes, and rust proofing compounds on stationary and mobile equipment and on combat, tactical, and commercial vehicles.
As an Painting Worker, WG-4102-8, you will:
- Prepare surfaces by removing rust, paint, and loose particles.
- Sand and even out dents and scars to assure a smooth and level surface using sanders, scrapers, sandpaper, wire brushes, and paint remover.
- Prepare coating materials by tinting, toning, etching, blending, and mixing in various additives.
- Ensure that match, texture and appearance meet finish requirements.
- Replace and apply markings/lettering as specified by appropriate manuals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527758000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.