This position is part of the Midwest Region Refuges Seasonal Hiring. As a Student Trainee (Visitor Services) you will be responsible for assisting with the operations of the stations' visitor services program.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with environmental education program as activity or small group leader.
- Assists with overseeing the work of volunteers in a visitor center or on small work projects.
- Provides communications services for operational activities in areas such as emergency assistance, law enforcement, and firefighting support.
- Explains regulations to visitors and provides information and advice on approved activities and on the refuge's cultural, historical, and/or natural resources..
- Develops and conducts interpretive talks and guided tour programs.
- Assists with outreach activities such as working with "Friends" groups or other partners.
- At the visitor center information desk, answers visitor's routine questions.
- Performs special projects/miscellaneous assignments that are designed to develop knowledge of the Refuge System's functions and operating policies/procedures.
- May operate passenger vehicles and light trucks, off road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles and snow machines, and small watercraft.
- Operates and performs minor maintenance on audiovisual equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527715900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.