THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO CLOSE MAY 16, 2019.Learn more about this agency
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 1 position and the salary cap is $189,600. This position is eligible for Critical Pay, extended the salary cap to $210,700.
A Recruitment/Relocation Incentive MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
The Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Operations and Management, (DUSHOM), Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs is located in Washington, DC and is responsible for overseeing the management and field operations for the largest integrated health care system in the country through the direct supervisions of 18 regional health care systems known as Veterans Integrated Service Networks (VISN).
The DUSHOM has overall responsibility for administrative programs related to the delivery of healthcare such as business operations and integrity, environmental programs, healthcare technology management, healthcare engineering, procurement and logistics, and capital assets.
The DUSHOM works under the general direction of the overall program objectives established by the Principal Deputy Under Secretary for Health. The responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervises 18 Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) Directors.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of national healthcare system priorities.
- Recommends shifts in resources and staffing levels such as identifying and recommending
- candidates for selection, reassignment, or promotions for leadership positions throughout the national healthcare system.
- Evaluates existing management practices, policies, and organizational structures.
- Assists in resolving problems which involves complex healthcare operations issues,
- including relationships within and between facilities and VISNs, Congressional delegations, Veterans Service Organizations, and other elements in the Department.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with various high-level individuals of Federal, state, and local entities to facilitate healthcare delivery programs and processes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527715600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.