Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Midwest Region Refuges Seasonal Hiring. As a Student Trainee (Wildlife Biological Support) you will be a member of a team of professionals working together to conserve, restore, and protect some of the nation's premier fish and wildlife habitat, and/or provide support contributing to the goals of managing the Refuge's resources.
Multiple positions will be filled. Applicants will identify which duty locations they wish to be considered.
While not all inclusive, the major duties of the position are listed below. The selectee may:
- Complete routine surveys and censuses of a variety of wildlife and/or waterfowl species.
- Assist in collecting and recording information on habitat conditions, water level readings, aquatic plant production, etc.
- Assist in banding of waterfowl and other wildlife species.
- Assist in the area of public use which may include answering visitor questions, assisting in a visitor center, and conducting refuge tours.
- Assist with maintenance and construction work, such as fencing, boundary posting, painting, etc.
- Assist with repair of dikes, and water control structures, etc., and a variety of other related duties.
- May be required to operate passenger vehicles, light trucks, and tractors.
- Assist with wildlife habitat restoration projects to include: wetlands, prairie, brush-lands, forests, and streams.
- Assist with database entry and management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527713100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.