About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used.
- Serves as the office engineer/project engineer at a large military installation, the mission of which is the contract administration and quality assurance inspection of varied renovation and new construction activities.
- Typical of the work under contract is asphalt and concrete paving, erection of large and specialized structures, motor repair shops, utility systems modifications for improvements, expansion, energy conservation, and miscellaneous other construction.
- Plans, carries out, and reports on work in progress and ensures that the contractor administers and completes the construction contract in a competent and timely manner in conformance with terms of the contract.
- Prepares estimates of completed work for partial payment to contractor.
- From information contained in office records, contractor(s) and field personnel reports, responsible for the preparation of partial and final payment estimates, quantities, percentage of items and materials installed.
- Participates in discussions with agency and contractor representatives on matters of safety, post regulations, coordination of utility outages, progress of work and needs of the user.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527603500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.