Interns may be promoted to higher grades based on the amount of education completed and acceptable performance. However, promotions are not guaranteed.
You will be expected to comply with Center Pathway policies which are:
1. Maintain at least a half-time course load as defined by your educational institution
2. Maintain a GPA of 2.9 or above on a 4.0 scale;
3. Adhere to an established work schedule;
4. Participate in Agency training classes or programs;
5. Successfully perform your assigned duties; and
6. Observe all workplace rules.
You will serve a trial period for the duration of the Intern appointment.
Interns may be considered for conversion to a term or permanent appointment within 120 days of completing degree requirements provided they:
Eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that NASA will offer conversion.
- Successfully completed an academic course of study with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.9 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience before completing degree requirements;
- Meet the qualification requirements for the position to which they are converted; and
- Maintain acceptable performance.
At NASA, term appointments last from one to six years. If an Intern is converted to a term appointment, they may later be converted to a permanent appointment without competing.
The Intern may be converted to a Contract Specialist position with promotion potential to the GS-12 level.
You will be considered for the highest grade for which you qualify.
You must meet eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You must have at least one year remaining in your studies before completing your degree requirements. (NOTE: One year must include consecutive Fall and Spring semesters). The expected completion date that you enter in the NASA Supplemental Questionnaire will be used in making this determination, and applicants who indicate a date prior to May 2020 will be found ineligible.
You must be available to begin work no earlier than the PREFERRED START DATE of August 19, 2019. Later start dates may be considered on a case-by-case basis for compelling hardships, but no later than January 21, 2020.
LIMITED EXCEPTIONS TO PREFERRED START DATE: The preferred start date is August 19, 2019. Limited exceptions to the preferred start date may be considered for compelling hardships, but must be requested in writing within 5 working days after receiving the job offer from the Pathways Program Office. The Pathways Program Manager may consider such requests on a case-by-case basis and will render a final decision as soon as possible after receipt.
The payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.