This position serves as the Deputy Director for the Office of Environmental Health and Engineering (OEHE). This position shares responsibility for the full scope of health care and sanitation facilities construction and operations, as well as a variety of environmental health and engineering services for the Indian Health Service. This position reports to the Director, Office of Environmental Health and Engineering.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as an advisor to the Office of Environmental Health and Engineering and Indian Health Service on all matters pertaining to planning and construction of new and replacement healthcare facilities and sanitation projects for the Indian Health Service. Advise and support the Director on policy, budget formulation, and resource allocation regarding environmental health and engineering activities of Indian Health Service Tribal facilities program.
- Serve as a representative for the Indian Health Service in meetings and hearings with Congress, Health and Human Services, Tribes, for the purposes of liaison, professional collaboration, cooperative ventures, and advocacy of program activities.
- Assist in developing objectives, priorities, standards, and methodologies to conduct and evaluate environmental health, environmental engineering, sanitation, and facilities engineering and management activities. Coordinate the formulation of the Indian Health Service Facilities Appropriation budget request and responds to all inquiries about budget request and programs funded.
- Assist in coordination of the Indian Health Service, Office of Environmental Health and Engineering responsibilities in responding to disasters and other emergency situations. Participates in integrated issues and processes including but not limited to security, budget formulation, Self-Determination of issues and Tribal shares computations and resolution of audit findings as needed and appropriate.
- Participate in interagency workgroups and maintain contact with other agencies and non-governmental health care organizations to benefit the Indian Health Service Environmental Health and Engineering management program through the sharing of information and establishment of common standards of practice.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527417100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.