As a Knowledge Management Specialist, will perform duties under the broad, administrative direction of the supervisor and with wide latitude to exercise independent judgment, performs complex, sensitive, high level work characterized by an exceptional degree of difficulty and responsibility.
This position is located in General Services Administration (GSA), National Capital Region (NCR), Public Buildings Service (PBS), Office of Mission Support and Performance Improvement, in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As a Knowledge Management Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Assists with strategic management defined as the ability to synthesize data from various sources and provide specific recommendations related to policy and process improvement recommendations to improve organizational performance. Engages in knowledge sharing mechanisms that promote data driven decision making and organizational awareness across business lines utilizing systems such as GSA Real Estate Exchange (GREX), REal Estate Across the US(REXUS), Electronic Project Management (ePM), Occupancy Agreement Tool (OATool), Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS/MAXIMO), Electronic Acquisition System Integration(EASi), Spend Tracker, CRM, Environmental Systems Research Institute(ESRI) and other developing systems.
- Applies knowledge of spatial and pipeline database design, including relational database design and spatial data integration, web GIS and geodatabase management applications software development and spatial analysis, data automation procedures, including vector and raster data automation techniques, data standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Provides critical analysis of pressing issues and required policy recommendations to management officials in formulating decisions regarding changing responsibilities or business needs, as well as in the design/development and evaluation of the ongoing and/or new program issues.
- Reviews and/or prepares highly technical reports and/or papers on important and extremely complex matters which influence not only the immediate work group, but which have widespread impact in terms of current and/or future programs. Incumbent provides technical and management support to all aspects of the region’s real estate assets. Establishes management protocols across all business lines through a thorough and routine analysis of the multiple management systems supporting the business of PBS. Serves as a primary agency contact for key programmatic decisions in the occupational area related to the regional or headquarters organization.
- As a technical authority, incumbent serves as an intermediary for program personnel on a diverse range of issues, projects, or concerns requiring an overview of the total agency operation with respect to resolving significant, controversial and/or otherwise highly charged situations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527290900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.