About the Position: You will serve as the Senior Space Analyst and Army Staff (ARSTAF) technical and subject matter expert leading the development of all things related to Space for the Director, Space Directorate, and Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff (ADCS) G-3/5/7. Position supports the Director of Army Space in his role as the principal military adviser on the Army Staff for Space and the primary focal point for capabilities and applications provided through the DoD Space enterprise.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Director during transition periods or in the absence of the Director.
- Routinely represent the Army in Defense, Joint, Multi-Service, Inter-agency meetings, working groups, and planning forums.
- Assigns, tracks, and reviews Directorate projects and work products.
- Develops policies and strategies to integrate space capabilities into joint and combined arms operations; enables the development, acquisition, and integration of space capabilities; and shapes space-based/enabled requirements to meet Army needs.
- Conducts analysis and studies to develop solutions to space related challenges identified by the Department's Senior Leaders.
- Develops, coordinates, and articulates Army positions regarding these matters in support of National, Department of Defense (DoD), and Joint objectives.
- Plans and executes the Army Space Council and supports concept development efforts for Army Futures Command initiatives.
- Develops and executes Army strategy, plans and programs; and ensures the execution of policies, plans and programs consistent with laws, regulations and policies by other DA officials and organizations.
- Reviews and assesses the execution of policies, plans and programs for the Army Space Directorate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527211500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.