SummaryThis position is located in Office of the Visual Arts.Learn more about this agency
First time hires to the Federal government salaries are normally set at the beginning of the salary range listed above.
Applicants are encouraged to use the USA Jobs resume template. However, if you do not use the template you must ensure your resume contains ALL required information which includes hours worked, starting and ending months and years, and if Federal employment (series, pay plan, and grade).
As the Grants Management Specialist (Media Arts) at the GS-1109-11 some of your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Serve as agency liaison with Media Arts and Emerging Technology field
- Represent the agency at select conferences, meetings, and panels, when requested.
- Counsel prospective grant applicants about proposed projects in context of published agency guidelines and with knowledge of field activities and trends, as well as agency funding history of specific projects.
- Review and evaluate received grant applications for eligibility, completeness and adherence to published guidelines prior to forwarding for review by panel including accuracy of application financial information in accordance with Agency and OMB rules, regulations, and policies pertaining to federal grants.
- Process and review all assigned grant applications, including related audio and visual work samples, grants, cooperative agreements, and/or leadership initiatives from the Media Arts field and follows all applications through the Agency's complete process from application to Final Descriptive Report.
- Assist Discipline Director in the application review process and provides technical assistance, expertise, and consultation to advisory panelists serving as application reviewers, as needed throughout the application review process.
- Manage items related to special Media Arts leadership initiatives, which may include managing logistics, processing related government documents, preparing materials and presentations for meetings, webinars, and special events.
- Prepare written materials and reports for presentation to, or review by, the National Council on the Arts. Works in the Agency's electronic Grants Management System (eGMS) to ensure accurate data entry and processing of applicant notification of rejection or tentative funding recommendation, revised budgets, and other application/award materials.
- Prepare a variety of statistical and narrative reports concerning areas of responsibility for use by Discipline Director, Division Management Team, Deputy Chairman for Programs and Partnerships, Senior Staff, and the Chairman.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527183300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.