This position is located within the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ), Office of Program Analysis and Coordination (OPAC). The duty location is Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
For more information about SAMHSA, click the "Learn more about the Agency" Box.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
This position is a mission critical occupation for SAMHSA. The position is responsible for ensuring that operational and fiscal activities align with and enable accomplishment of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's mission, goals and objectives.
As a Budget Analyst, you will be responsible of performing budget development, formulation and executions functions as well as resolving conflicts regarding allocations that will help support the Center's priorities and requirements.
Specifically, you will:
- Analyze new, revised, and/or pending legislation to determine budgetary impact on Center mission priorities.
- Advise senior leadership on budget and financial strategies to meet legislative mandates.
- Provide advice on budget and financial policy issues which cut across the full spectrum of Center programs and funding mechanisms.
- Monitor all budget and fiscal data for release outside of the Center to ensure accuracy, appropriateness, and conformance to policy and Congressional intent.
- Develop, recommend, and implement budgetary policies affecting the financing and accomplishment of the Center's national programs.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership regarding resource allocations and prepares supporting documentation on the rationale for all decisions made which affect the modifications and justifications of the budget policy for the Center.
- Maintain a system of internal controls over all aspects of Center budget formulation and execution to guard against waste, fraud, abuse, or mismanagement.
- Participate in devising financial and management data systems to obtain data for management decisions, ensuring compatibility with UFMS, PRISM, and all other applicable central accounting systems.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527026100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.