The candidate serve as a Senior Highway Safety Specialist in Traffic Injury Control (NPD), Research and Program Development (POD), within the Office of Safety Programs (OSP), Enforcement and Justice Services (EJS) Division. The candidate serves as a principal advisor and counselor to the EJS Division Chief on all activities related to the Division.Learn more about this agency
As a Highway Safety Specialist, you will:
- Review and comment on proposed program changes and make recommendations for changes in administrative procedures and/or policy resulting from or associated with proposed changes.
- Direct, manage, coordinate or perform projects or studies of particular sensitivity or breadth, particularly undertakings that require the integration and synthesis of information from multiple program areas dealing with highway safety issues. Incumbent must possess comprehensive knowledge of highway safety, public health and technological topics focused on programmatic content and issues.
- Initiate, lead and maintain liaison with other government agencies and private sector groups, associations and organizations to exchange information about national highway safety programs with focus on driver education/training and licensing and automated and connected vehicle policies, as well as, general and specific highway safety strategies and countermeasures such as alcohol and drugs, speed reduction, motorcycles, pedestrians, etc.
- Develop, identify, review and analyze new and revised driver education/training and licensing automated and connected vehicle policy and education and automated and connected vehicle standards, policies, legislation, regulations and rulemakings; including, graduated driver's licensing and automated vehicle testing and implementation to assess impacts and relationships to current driver education/training issues and automated and connected vehicle impacts on program priorities.
- Assist other TIC offices in incorporating information relative to driver education/training and licensing and automated and connected vehicle policies within highway safety program guidelines, materials and manuals.
- IDEAL CANDIDATE: NHTSA is looking for an experienced Senior Highway Safety Specialist who will serve as principal advisor and counselor to the EJS Division Chief on all activities related to the Division. The ideal candidate must have experience and expertise in project development and analysis of diverse government programs relating to highway safety, planning and evaluation techniques, resource management concepts, and operational methodologies are required to effectively carry out project management duties.
Occasional travel - Position may require some travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526674000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.