OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
These vacancies can be filled in ANY VAOIG location throughout the country. These locations include: Arlington, VA; Asheville, NC; Aurora, CO; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Bay Pines, FL; Bedford, MA; Buffalo, NY; Charlottesville, VA; Columbia, SC; Dallas, TX; Decatur, GA; Denver, CO; Fayetteville, NC; Gainesville, FL; Hines, IL; Houston, TX; Jackson, MS; Kansas City, MO; Las Vegas, NV; Little Rock, AR; Los Angeles, CA; Manchester, NH; Miami, FL; Middleton, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Montgomery, AL; Nashville, TN; New Orleans, LA; New York City, NY; Newark, NJ; Oakland, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Portland, OR; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Antonio, TX; Seattle, WA; Spokane, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Trenton, NJ; Washington DC; West Palm Beach, FL
The Health Systems Specialist, located in the Office of Healthcare Inspections, is responsible to function independently, ensure that reviews, inspections, and program evaluations are properly carried out and that resultant findings and recommendations are developed into a well written report format.
As a Health System Specialist you will:
- Assist the team leader in a broad range of quality improvement and health care program inspections and evaluations.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or conduct extensive pre-inspection research, monitor team members progress, and provide guidance as needed.
- Draft impactful written reports, executive summaries, and briefings.
- Plan and schedule project briefings, to include pertinent legislative and regulatory information.
- Provide accurate information through professionally delivered briefings to OIG leaders, Congressional stakeholders, and VHA managers and staff.
50% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526526300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.