The purpose of EAC's national voting system certification program is to independently verify that voting systems applying to the EAC program comply with the functional capabilities, accessibility, and security requirements necessary to ensure the integrity and reliability of the voting system, as established in the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines. The incumbent of this position is a first line supervisor for the Voting System Testing and Certification (VST&C) Division.Learn more about this agency
Major duties and responsibilities include directing efforts toward accrediting independent test laboratories, testing and certifying voting systems, maintaining technical standards, and oversight of guidelines.
- Develops EAC policy, quality management system, and standard operating procedures for the Voting System Testing and Certification (VST&C) program and Division.
- Works with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), regarding laboratory accreditation for laboratories seeking accreditation to test voting systems under the EAC program. Under HAVA, NVLAP does the initial laboratory assessment and makes recommendation to the EAC, through the Director of NIST on the accreditation of candidate laboratories.
- Performs full range of supervisory activities for Division personnel (i.e., current FTE, technical reviewers and new hires).
- Establishes, implements and evaluates budget, working jointly with EAC's Executive Director to establish priorities for the VST&C Division.
- Manages voting system testing and certification efforts, including supervising contract staff, technical reviewers, and consultants. Oversees testing of voting systems developed by registered manufacturers to determine whether the systems provide required basic functionality, accessibility, and security capabilities.
- Serves as EAC lead/co-lead on critical infrastructure issues. Serves as EAC lead for development efforts on Voluntary Voting System Guidelines and development of requirements for testing at the laboratories.
- Develops blogs, white papers and other informational material for stakeholders on election technology and cybersecurity.
- Serves as the lead auditor on voting system test laboratory audits.
- Leads the Election Official IT Training Program.
- Represents the EAC and VST&C Program at stakeholder meetings and conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526497300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.