The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the Udall Foundation and is responsible for the overall administration of the Udall Foundation, including supervision of directors and general counsel; programs and contracts; budgets and purchasing; oversight and management of the Trust Fund; implementation of Trustee policies; and adherence to the laws, rules, regulations, and policies of the Federal Government that pertain to the Udall Foundation.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fosters a mission-focused culture based on the core values of the Udall Foundation: integrity, civility, consensus, public service, and non-partisanship.
- Develops operational and strategic plans for the Udall Foundation; monitors and evaluates progress toward organizational objectives/goals and makes appropriate adjustments to plans as needed.
- Has overall accountability for achieving annual goals outlined in the Udall Foundation's strategic plan.
- Reviews senior staff recommendations on policies developed to affect the organization's mission.
- Works closely with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Congressional appropriations staff and Congressional members, in consultation with the Board of Trustees and senior staff.
- Ensures that laws, rules, regulations, and policies of the Federal Government and the Board of Trustees are executed and enforced.
- Ensures staff are trained in federal policies and practices.
- Reports regularly to, and communicates with, the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees preparation of financial and programmatic reports for Board of Trustees Meetings, and as requested by the Trustees.
- Manages staff support to the Board Chair for the annual Congressional appropriations process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees all administration and operations of the Udall Foundation
- Selects, counsels, supervises, and evaluates the performance of senior staff, and delegates authority to subordinates.
- Develops and administers the Udall Foundation budget, in consultation with the Director of Finance and Operations, Director of Education Programs, Director of Environmental Conflict Resolution Program, and Director of the DC Office of the Udall Foundation.
- Establishes organizational structure, in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
- Acts as liaison for the Udall Foundation with the University of Arizona and other institutional partners.
- Serves as the principal external representative of the Udall Foundation and represents the Udall Foundation at various meetings and events.
- Acts as liaison for the Udall Foundation with the media, in consultation with the Board.
Occasional travel - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526389900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.