This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), DODIG - DIG FOR POLICY AND OVERSIGHT.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer, GS-0801-14, working in the Technical Assessment Directorate: Provide oversight and policy guidance for the Department of Defense, serving as the technical authority for multiple disciplines of engineering for the DoD OIG;
- Provides engineering expertise for inspections and evaluations in support of various DoDIG projects.
- Designs and conducts technical inspections and evaluations that are independent and objective in highly technical areas.
- Participates in and/or leads investigations, audits, evaluations, and assessments.
- Collects and compiles data for completing analysis, tabulations, charts and graphs.
- Develops proposed findings and recommendations from inspections and evaluations.
- Provides DoDIG and employees with technical and professional expertise on engineering matters.
- Provides guidance on major weapons production engineering, system logistics and modification support, commodities and services, construction and architect engineer procurement and procurement by foreign governments.
- Prepares and presents reports for investigations, audits and evaluations in writing and orally.
- Reviews systems and acquisition programs at various life cycle stages from technology development through production and deployment.
- Researches new government and industry engineering developments.
- Evaluates and provides comments on proposed audits, investigations, evaluations or studies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Apply multiple disciplines of engineering to assessments of, but not limited to, DoD systems and programs in stages of development.
- Procurement, modification, sustainment, construction, and design.
- Conduct engineering assessments and provide recommendations to improve of DoD programs and operations where engineering techniques and methods are used.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526055700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.