The Advanced Medical Support Assistant position serves as a Consult Coordinator for Community Care. The Advanced MSA works collaboratively with other members of expanded health care teams (i.e., Patient Aligned Care Team, Specialty Care) including Community Care providers, pharmacists, social workers, dieticians, behavioral health staff, etc. to provide a robust interdisciplinary approach to care.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs clerical duties, customer service and other duties as assigned for the proper and timely treatment of patients.
- Maintains appointment schedules for Community care.
- Communicates with Community Care providers to ensure they accept VA patients and payments.
- Prepares any required pre-appointment documents.
- Coordinates internal and external care between customers and providers.
- Supports patient safety standards using the correct Veterans Affairs identification of all patients through the use of two forms of identification.
- Collects, scans, and updates health insurance information.
- Routinely communicates with physicians, case managers and other allied health professional staff using sound interpersonal skills and remains consistently aware of sensitive information.
- Consistently communicates and treats customers in a courteous, tactful, and respectful manner.
- Handles conflict and problems in dealing with the customer constructively and appropriately.
- Able to effectively communicate proactively, under stressful situations.
- Assesses data reflective of the patients status and interprets the information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide care needed as described in the services' policies and procedures.
- Protects data from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion.
- Demonstrates infection control practice for disease prevention.
- Follows applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Schedules may be adjusted to meet patient needs.)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525286400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.