Learn more about this agency
Summary: This position is located in the Alexandria, VA Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Evaluations Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) Division and reports to the Director of Evaluations OCO.
- Serve as a program analysts providing oversight across the full spectrum of programs, policies, procedures and functions of Contingency Operations related to the OIG's execution of the Lead Inspector General mission.
- Serves as a technical advisor and specialist in all matters related Department of Defense programs and operations to include: defense intelligence, counterintelligence enterprises, security enterprise and special access programs. Plans comprehensive quantitative or qualitative projects concerning Lead Inspector General mission overseas contingency operation.
- Develps and applies advanced analytical techniques and evaluative methodology in planning and executing project phases. Participates, as appropriate, in inter-agency projects of overarching issues influencing DoD Component and the Intelligence Community supporting overseas contingency operations.
- Participates in projects that originate from the Defense Hotline, Congressional, and management requests, and other special projects as assigned. May conduct projects in conjunction with other Military Department, Defense Agency, or other Government Agency oversight organizations.
- Ensure the projects are conducted in a manner that satisfies evaluation objectives. Ensure that working papers provide a supportable basis for reporting and that subordinate personnel are informed of procedures for safeguarding classified and contractor sensitive, or other sensitive government information, and that controls are in place to protect such material.
- Prepares draft and final reports for project and summary or trend reports within assigned functional areas. The reports require analysis of complex programs, processes and comprehensive knowledge of applicable DoD policies and operations. The project reports must articulate the complex nature of programs and processes and the findings and recommendations to non-subject matter experts, but informed readers.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524828600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.