The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is seeking undergraduate students to serve as guest researchers for the 2019 cohort of the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program. The SURF Program is designed to inspire undergraduate students to pursue careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) through a unique research experience that supports the NIST mission. To learn more about the program, visit https://www.nist.gov/surf.Learn more about this agency
The SURF Program provides research opportunities for students to work with internationally known NIST scientists, to expose them to cutting-edge research and promote the pursuit of graduate degrees in science and engineering. The program is scheduled to occur May 28, 2019 through August 9, 2019. Duties of participants accepted into the program may include
- Working under the guidance of a NIST Research Mentor in ongoing research topics including but not limited to biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, materials science, mathematics, nanoscale science, physics, and/or statistics.
- Attending a weekly technical seminar series
- Participating in extramural group activities intended to enrich their fellowship experience
- Composing and submitting an abstract half-way through the program summarizing research accomplishments
- Delivering an oral presentation during the final week of the program
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524754700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.