ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAMLearn more about this agency
The Communications team provides marketing and communications strategies and services that inspire the public to visit the Presidio and empower our employees to excel in their jobs. In 2017 Sunset Magazine recognized the Presidio as the most popular destination in the national parks network.
As part of the Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio of San Francisco as a national park and welcome the public, the Communications Division shares the Presidios story with the world and invites a broad range of visitors to discover and enjoy this unique national park. Learn more at www.presidio.gov.
Our ideal candidate has outstanding organizational, research, and writing skills. You are able to work independently toward goals and can also work collaboratively with others to plan and execute projects. You have strong interpersonal skills, are adept at supporting both internal staff members and the public with research and cataloguing needs, and can help educate other staff members about records management processes and how to use digital tools.
- Administer WIDEN digital asset management (DAM) system (50%): Manage assets by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures regarding management and use of the system. Manage the workflows and policies concerning the uploading of media and its cataloguing with descriptive and other metadata. Review the uploading and cataloguing of asset contributors for completeness and compliance with system policies. Facilitate the development of digital asset cataloging standards and metadata models incorporating best practices and the Presidio Trusts unique requirements.
- Provide reference services by conducting research and performing other support functions including finding, identifying, downloading, and using assets. Work with internal teams to facilitate use and support adoption.
- Provide instruction, instructional materials, and documentation for different user audiences to support efficiency in the use, search, and ingestion of assets. Provide updates as new functions are added to the system. Maintain appropriate levels of access to the system through monitoring registration and creating user roles, asset groups, and asset control lists. Maintain usage rights metadata that serves both creative and legal requirements. Perform analytics and auditing functions, collecting user feedback and reviewing data on how users interact with the system in order to evaluate the systems effectiveness and to adjust system functionality. Serve as main point of contact with the vendor.
- Manage library administrative functions (20%): Conduct original cataloging and classification of print, audio-visual, and digital resources. Provide assistance to people, both inside and outside the Presidio Trust, in the pursuit of information relevant to the Presidio and the Presidio Trust. Act as a resource for staff on intellectual property issues with regard to reproductions for exhibits, signs, etc. Make recommendations about selection, replacement, and withdrawal of print and non-print materials from the collection. Acquire image and document reproductions and permissions.
- Research (30%): Conduct research and produce memos, reports, and analysis on a variety of topics in support of Presidio Trust activities. Create original written content to support the Presidios communications initiatives, including, but not limited to, the Presidio Trusts blog, social media, and media programs.
Occasional travel - Little to No Travel Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524751500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.