This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Administration, Office of the Chief Security Officer, Personnel Security Division. The incumbent will serve as the Deputy Division Director, leading a staff of Personnel Security Specialists in the management, administration, and implementation of policies and programs in support of personnel security.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Personnel Security Specialist, GS-0080-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Analysis- Manage the review of systems, databases, responses to security questionnaires, reports of investigation (ROI), law enforcement documents, incident reports, and other source security information that contain personal history and related information associated with a candidate to make suitability, eligibility and adjudication recommendations or determinations.
- Compliance - Expert knowledge or awareness and adherence to government policies or regulations governing security suitability and eligibility, such as Federal Investigative Standards (FIS), Executive Orders (E.O.) 12968, 13526, and 10450, Code of Federal Regulations 5 CFR 731 (Suitability), or other guidelines to make suitability, eligibility and adjudication determinations.
- Customer Support - Manage operations that request additional information or documentation as needed to support data analysis. Provide timely responses to inquiries regarding personnel security processes, status of background investigations, verification of clearance levels and self-reported security information.
- Communication - Strong verbal and written communication skills across all mediums and levels of the organization to deliver clear and concise personal security data, related sensitive information, and security requirements in a professional and effective manner.
- Data Integrity - Manage operations that accurately evaluate, enter, and update data into relevant internal and external systems and databases with strong attention to detail.
- Organization - Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524494600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.