TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Information Systems; Arlington, VA.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) reporting to the Deputy Assistant Administrator and Deputy Chief Information Officer.
- Acts as a champion for the DEA's information technology assets by levering existing IT expertise.
- Administers the formation of secure IT operations for large-scale enterprise.
- Provides executive level direction for enterprise wide systems enhancements and promoting the use of IT and innovative technology solutions to improve operations, productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and services.
- Collaborates on long-range plans for IT security systems vulnerabilities.
- Provides advice and senior leadership for the implementation of security programs across platforms and evaluates vulnerability reporting criteria.
- Identifying and fostering new and emerging technology to maximize mission accomplishments, and providing IT governance, policy and oversight processes to ensure secure, efficient, and cost-effective use of IT Resources.
- Advises DEA Leadership on key issues such as IT strategy, architecture, policy, guidelines, and risk management for inter-agency shared resources, services, and systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524439900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.