This vacancy announcement is part of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Hiring Initiative. One or more positions may be filled.Learn more about this agency
YOU MUST APPLY FOR ALL OF THE DUTY STATIONS FOR WHICH YOU ARE INTERESTED.
The salary for each location falls under the Rest of the United States pay table. Locality tables may be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/
These positions are being recruited for as part of a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service national hiring initiative. As a Wildlife Refuge Specialist, you will be located at a National Wildlife Refuge and will be responsible for carrying out professional work in the biological sciences or related natural science field to plan, develop, coordinate and implement biological programs.
- Assisting the Wildlife Refuge Manager in the development and administration of the operating program and other activities. Refuge operations and programs include wildlife biology, ecology, habitat management, natural resource program management (to include environmental laws, regulations, policies), visitor services (to include public use programs, outreach and education programs, volunteer programs, accessibility issues, representation, and law enforcement).
- Preparing Comprehensive Conservation Plans, Habitat Management Plans, Land Acquisition and Protection Plans and similar action plans (or portions thereof).
- Responsible for day-to-day operational aspects of coordinating, planning, and carrying out various duties with the effective and efficient running of Refuge/WMD biological programs and services.
- Planning, scheduling and attending and/or conducting a variety of formal and informal meetings.
- Preparing administrative reports, annual narrative reports and other documents associated with various management and administrative programs.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be required for training, meetings, and to conduct field work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524154700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.