This vacancy announcement is part of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Hiring Initiate. One or more positions may be filled.Learn more about this agency
Students who will complete the requirements for their degree by June 30, 2019 may apply to the national recruitment vacancy announcements.
YOU MUST APPLY FOR ALL OF THE DUTY STATIONS FOR WHICH YOU ARE INTERESTED.
- This position is developmental and the incumbent will receive training, closer supervision and developmental assignments that may include the following duties:
- Plans and executes wildlife surveys to determine population trends, patterns in reproductive success, timing of nesting events, and other demographic parameters of a suite of indicator species.
- Assists with the development of biological study proposals, survey designs, and scopes-of-work and conduction of biological field investigations involving wildlife species and habitats.
- Assists with the design and conduction of scientific studies testing hypotheses to reach conclusions, reports recommendations to management, and prepares scientific reports of findings.
- Studies identify important habitats to recommend strategies to conserve and protect habitats and populations.
- Discusses potential impacts of proposed development affecting populations with supervisor or senior biologists and identifies proposes potential areas for mitigation.
- Develops plans to study and monitor wildlife populations and habitats. Assists in the design, analysis, planning, management and implementation of biological programs involving natural resources for the assigned location.
- Assists in public outreach activities by preparing materials and/or formally or informally responding to requests for information. Researches and reviews natural resource Federal and state laws, regulations, and international treaties and agreements.
- Follows standard procedures, instruction, or precedence actions to analyze findings, to include biological data in geographic information systems (GIS).
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524154200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.