This vacancy announcement is part of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Hiring initiative. This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Category Rating, Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking do not apply to this Public Notice. You must apply for all of the duty stations for which you are interested.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, evaluates, conducts a wide variety of complex ecological investigations or inspections involving complex land and water resource development projects, proposals and/or license applications/renewals to determine their impact upon fish and/or wildlife resources and habitats and to ensure that legal standards and other requirements are met and implemented in a manner most beneficial to fish and/or wildlife resources.
- Reviews and/or prepares biological portions of environment assessment/impact statements or comprehensive resource planning reports to evaluate environmental consequences of proposed actions on Federal fish and wildlife resources of concern.
- Conducts private land wetland impact restorations including landowner contacts, mapping, surveying, staking, construction monitoring, seeding, etc., and prepares management plans for restored areas.
- Evaluates biological data and Federal program or project operational data to determine the effects of those programs or actions on threatened or endangered species through formal and informal consultation procedures.
- Assesses impacts of proposed Federal actions on threatened and endangered species and develops draft biological opinions required under Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) Amendments for supervisor's review.
- Maintains and updates files on permits issued for activities associated with endangered, threatened, proposed, and candidate species and their habitats.
Occasional travel - Travel will be required for training and/or work efforts. Please see additional information for specific travel requirements for each location.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524152500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.