This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), DoDIG - DIG for Administrative Inv (AI), Whistleblower Reprisal Directorate (WRI). Administrative Inv. is responsible for the conduct and oversight of investigations into whistleblower reprisal allegations, including those against senior officials within DoD.Learn more about this agency
As an Investigator (Whistleblower Reprisal), GS-1810-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Conducts on-site investigations of allegations of whistleblower reprisal and military restriction
- Interviews complainants using complaint intake procedures, takes sworn, recorded testimony, and collects documentary evidence
- Develops investigative plans for all investigations including coordinating travel arrangements and notifying appropriate officials
- Analyzes evidence and findings of facts, draws conclusions and all recommendations
- Drafts written reports, presents analyses, findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Tracks and provides follow-up inquiries concerning corrective actions from investigative findings by the Military Department of Defense Agencies; ensures corrective actions are documented in case files
- Leads team of investigators; assigning and reallocating duties, mentoring reviewing and approving other investigator's work, when required
- Performs oversight reviews of investigations reports, documents for whistleblower reprisal and restriction allegations
Occasional travel - you may be expected to travel up to 20% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523993600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.