The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the West Point Club.
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh/canned vegetables. Prepares hot cereals and concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces, gravies.
- Weighs, measures, assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items. Follow precisely written recipes to mix ingredients. Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, breading.
- Cleans, stores and maintains equipment and work areas after each use. Cleans other work areas and equipment such as worktables, floors, walk-in refrigerators, etc. on an established cleaning schedule.
- Operates various kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam, or microwave heat sources. Disassembles, cleans, and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Covers, dates, stores leftovers according to established procedures. Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food. Ensures foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacterial growth. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523907000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.