This position is located within the Office of Outreach and Communications (OCC), Assistant Director - International Affairs (AD-IA). The Office of Outreach and Communication provides strategy development, planning and implementation of domestic and international outreach and communications programs. The incumbent will manage and lead the Office of Outreach and Communications in support of the AD-IA program and Service mission and goals partnering with the External Affairs program.Learn more about this agency
- Works closely and in partnership with the AD-External Affairs office on matters regarding International Affairs as well as Service and Departmental policies governing program activities and issues.
- Addresses nationally or internationally significant issues that are frequently sensitive, controversial, or complex.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with representatives of the news media, representatives of non-government organizations, and with FWS employees in Washington and regional and field offices.
- Manages internationally significant special events, press conferences, briefings, public meetings and hearings. Coordinates events with each International Affairs Divisions and Branches, regional and field staffs, and partners.
- Prepares information/documentation regarding programs and budgets. This includes developing budget justifications and related materials to support and promote International Affairs outreach and communications work.
- Exercises full supervisory authority over a staff of professional, technical and/or administrative personnel. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates and adjusts priorities as necessary.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523825100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.