The National Center for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a collaborative consortium responsible for providing professional advice and guidance, and for developing policy and procedure for the Department of Veterans Affairs and the nation as a whole regarding provision of diagnosis, treatment, education, and research services for treatment providers of Veterans with PTSD as mandated by Congress.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains PTSDpubs, an online database of literature related to posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other aspects of traumatic stress.
- Works with the PTSDpubs vendor on continued maintenance and support of the database, including managing the contract with the vendor through the conclusion of its five-year term.
- Creates and maintains thesauri for indexing and searching the traumatic stress literature that take into account the international, interdisciplinary nature of this literature and serve the needs of clinicians, researchers, policy makers, and students while remaining accessible to Veterans, their families, and the general public.
- Devises and continuously evaluates publication discovery and ingest strategies.
- Indexes relevant documents, using the controlled vocabulary contained in the PTSDpubs thesauri.
- Demonstrates expertise in the use of EndNote and other reference management software; Drupal or similar content management software; and thesaurus management software.
- Produces instructional materials and documentation for professional and nonprofessional users of PTSDpubs.
- Develops mechanisms for making PTSDpubs available for searching by libraries and other users outside the National Center. Investigates and, where necessary, implements, alternative methods of dissemination of PTSDpubs.
- Develops and implements Web-based mechanisms for access to and provision of full-text National Center for PTSD-authored documents indexed in the database.
- Works with organizations and agencies representing potential users of PTSDpubs to increase awareness and use of the database.
- Attends professional meetings and seeks training so as to consistently improve current skills and knowledge and enhance the performance of this element.
Position Description/PD#: 405-02237-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523817000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.