Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General!Learn more about this agency
The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top Law Enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top 3 best places to work in the federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General is one of the premier federal inspector general offices with a prestigious team of professionals.
If selected, the incumbent serves as a Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge) in the Investigative Support Branch, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to: providing guidance to criminal investigators and other staff by establishing guidelines and performance procedures; reviews and evaluates allegations and recommends appropriate investigative activity by providing direction to ensure that the policies and procedures of the OIG are adhered to and that the evaluation activities are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner.. Work assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and updates policy for the division's directives.
- Manages and conducts special projects as assigned.
- Manages the electronic surveillance operations and the use of consensual monitory of non-telephonic verbal communications.
- Manages the OIG Confidential Informant Program and reviews informant files created by the field for conformance with OIG Manual requirements; maintains informant records.
- Responsible for oversight of Division undercover operations; ensuring that these operations are in accordance with authorization levels set forth in the OIG Manual.
- Manages the Victim Witness Program for the Division, to include ensuring that all Special Agents and other appropriate personnel receive training.
- Participates in all aspects of the inspection and review of field and headquarters entities, programs and functions.
- Conducts Peer Reviews of other federal OIG's Investigations Divisions.
- Conducts or participates in conducting sensitive and complex internal security investigations, criminal and administrative, on an OIG-wide basis.
- Acts as the Division's Security Officer coordinating with the OIG's Security Program Manager to ensure that classified documents and other materials are handled and secured in compliance with DOJ standards.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel 25% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523724300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.